Being a sustainable Professional Conference Organizer (PCO) is a challenge: our success is impacted not only by our own policies, but also by those of our clients and the suppliers we partner with nationwide to execute their business events.
Environmental considerations influence our procurement policies, raw material sources, production methods, energy consumption and waste management not only in our office, but also in every venue required in the execution of our clients’ conference programs.
Whenever possible we encourage our clients to employ sustainable tactics in the management of their conferences. There are many compelling reasons to do this, including:
- Cost savings in printing, shipping, purchasing of non-reusable or disposable products and distribution;
- Waste reduction: using less paper and other disposable items reduces landfill;
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emission reduction: reduces the carbon footprint of your event;
- Consistent organizational objectives: help underline the importance of sustainable initiatives your organization may already have in place back at the office by employing them – and even announcing them – at offsite events
- Brand enhancement: organizations that choose to embrace a sustainable approach to conference planning will be viewed favourably by their clients and stakeholders
- Education: It helps educate delegates and pushes suppliers and venues to do the right thing. In the end, we all benefit from our shared experiences.